Thursday, April 14, 2011

4-14-11 Prescriptions

So I got this coupon for 75% off my prescriptions. Since I had to go to Safeway anyway, I go up to the counter at Safeway Pharmacy and get some little clerk who keep saying he couldnt check the price unless I had a prescription. I said I do have one but I wont change it until I check pricing with my coupon but without the coupon it is $28 and I am checking Safeway, Long's Walmart and my personal favorite Puna Pharmacy.  (The reason I switched originally from Safeway Pharmacy to Puna Pharmacy was pricing and customer service, of which Safeway Pharm had none, except for the mgr at the time, Mike.)


Still cant do it, so I ask for the manager, and she [Kanani] who lacks a bedside manor, says nope. So I leave frustrated. I stop at Puna Pharmacy and same prescription is $12. But the wonderful clerk says go over to Long's and check them. So I go over to Long's in Pahoa and check - the clerk is very helpful and checks the pricing with the coupon, even checks the pricing with the CVS cash discount and still the prescription is a little bit higher BUT she was still really nice. I did call Safeway's corporate office when I got home.


So today PunaShopper says check with Puna Pharmacy first - tell John, or Shelly that Cathy & Robert sent you!!! (No I dont get any money!) Just want them to know that after doing our legwork, they are still da best!!

And Safeway needs some customer service training and some better pricing (yet again!!). I really am not out to get them - The ladies at the Deli counter are wonderful!!! I spent $20.15 (inc tax!) there today on 2 12 paks of Cottenelle on sale at $6.98 and a online coupon of .50 x 2 coupons and 4 cans of Campbell's Hearty Soup - BOGO free and a $1.50 coupon if you get 4 cans. I love it when I waltz out of there with a little more money in my pocket that I used to do! Have quit the impluse shopping there now since there is less and less reason to be loyal to Safeway (no mileage, no longer next to my bank, and I dont use their Pharmacy.)


Who knew Retail Therapy could be so fun????

No comments:

Post a Comment